If your tooth is beyond repair with a filling material, we may recommend that the best option to save the tooth is a full crown. The reasons for this type of restoration in a badly damaged tooth are durability, cosmetic appearance, and overall support of the chewing function.
REASONS FOR NEEDING A FULL CROWN
- protect a badly damaged tooth
- improve chewing function
- change the cosmetic appearance
Types of Crowns
- All porcelain crown
- porcelain fused to metal crown
- full gold crown
- After getting totally numb, we prepare the tooth for the crown. Next, we will take a digital scan of your tooth. We are always striving to utilize technology to the benefit of our patients. We are proud to offer our patients the iTero Digital Impression Technique. The Itero simply allows us to digitally scan a prepared tooth and email the information directly to the lab for crown fabrication.
- While this new tooth is created, we will provide you with a temporary restoration. Our temporary restorations will resemble your natural teeth so that you can continue with your daily life.
- During your second visit to the office, we will proceed with the placement of your final restoration. This crown will be fitted comfortably into the mouth. We will make every effort to ensure that the new tooth feels exactly like one of your natural teeth. The final step in the process is to cement the crown into your mouth, leaving you with a beautifully restored smile.
Call Dr. Monica Neely today (405) 302-0100 to schedule an appointment if you need a crown or bridge. Our office serves patients from Oklahoma City, Edmond, and surrounding areas.